Book: The Hundred Year Lie, a wake-up call to action
May 19, 2008
Excerpt from The Hundred Year Lie by Randall Fitzgerald:
…a representative sampling of the findings collected from reputable sources about what really is in our food, water, vitamins, prescription drugs, childhood vaccines, cosmetics, and in our homes.
- When you read ‘made with natural flavors” on a food label, you are probably being deceived, because natural flavors and artificial flavors usually contain the same synthetic chemicals.
- In large feedlots, 100 percent of the cattle are fed five or more sex hormones, such as progesterone and testosterone, to accelerate weight gain, and these hormones are known to cause reproductive dysfunction and cancers in humans.
- Many of our commercial dairy and meat products come from animals that consumed livestock feed made from the remains of tens of millions of dogs and cats that were killed with euthanasia drigs at animal shelters and veterinary clinics.
- Medical evidence is emerging that suggests that the artificial sweeteners in diet soft drinks may cause brain tumors and neurological diseases, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. The occurance of these diseases has risen dramatically, in proportion with the expanded use of synthetic sweeteners.
- At least 70% of the processed foods in your grocery store contain at least one genetically engineered ingredient that has never been tested for potential harm.
- More than 3,000 synthetic chemicals are regularly added to US food products, and hardly any have been tested for their synergistic (interactive) toxin-producing effects in the human body.
- Most vitamins and supplements sold in the US that are advertisd as natural are synthetic chemical concotons that contain coal tar, preservatives, artificial colorings, and a vast range of other potentially harmful additives.
- More than twenty-five thousand chemicals are in the cosmetics sold in the US, yet less than 4% of these ingredients have ever been tested for safety and toxicity.
- Within the nine or so vaccines given your children before they enter school are additives and preservatives including mercury, aluminum, MSG, formaldehyde, and others linked to disorders ranging from brain and nerve damage to autism and attention deficit disorder.
While we may never be able to totally eliminate our risk of exposures to harmful toxins, we can manage those risks and reduce our chances of harm. The future of food, nutrition, and health is about empowering ourselves as sovereign individuals. To accomplish that we need to make informed decisions and choices…
We do have a choice about whether we will be a victim or not. We can view ourselves as an individual market; a consumer market that we own and control. Or we can allow our food and medicine and product-ingredient choices to be made for us by institutions that regard us as little more than interchangeable parts on an economic engine. If we fail to exercise our freedom in daily food and health choices, we affect not only our own well-being but the well-being of those we can about and who depend upon us for good judgement.
For more information go to: http://www.hundredyearlie.com/